Monday, 16 November 2015

The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey

Review can also be found on my Goodreads.
*4.5 stars*

The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey was a great read, I'm very upset with myself that I've put off reading it for so long. I finished it in two sittings, and I'm itching for more! I can't wait for the next book.

The Infinite Sea picks up from where The 5th Wave ends, following the lives of Cassie and the crew, although this novel focuses on Ringer in particular. I loved finding out more about Ringer and her life. I've always been intrigued by her character, so getting this look into her was very pleasant. 

I love the fact that Cassie still hung to Evan, even though there weren't many indications that he would be coming back. The trust that she had for him was amazing, although it seemed to be a little silly at times. 

Ben definitely continued with his leader-type character, regardless of the many set backs that they dealt with (with him in particular). I wouldn't say that he's the perfect leader, because there are many instances where he obviously doing the right thing, but he's pretty damn close. 

I think that I developed a deep caring for all of the characters while reading this novel (although my heart will always be sworn to Evan haha.). I was definitely on the edge of my seat during certain parts.

Rick Yancey definitely hasn't let me down with The Infinite Sea, and I'm urgently awaiting the release of the third and final installment of The 5th Wave trilogy.


If you'd like a copy of The Infinite Sea for yourself, you can pick it up at Chapters or Amazon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment