Sunday, 30 August 2015

I Hate Myselfie: A Collection of Essays by Shane Dawson

Similar review also found on Goodreads.

I read I Hate Myselfie: A Collection of Essays by Shane Dawson between June 28th and July 1st, and I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

I Hate Myselfie is a novel consisting of 18 "essays" about important moments in Shane's life. Each chapter is a new essay and a different part of Shane's life. All the essays are full of his, unique, sense of humour, and while most of the dialogue seems far fetched, you can tell that it's still mostly serious. I Hate Myselfie portrays a side of Shane that we don't usually see through his YouTube videos.

While I actually really enjoyed reading this, although I think that others might have a problem with it. Shane's jokes may be a little crude at times, and I think that you have to understand that he's just joking to be able to enjoy this novel.  I do understand why people wouldn't enjoy reading this as it is a little offensive in parts, but, it's not that bad if you have seen his Youtube videos. I personally love his Youtube videos, as well as his movie "NotCool", so I think that's one of the reasons that I enjoyed it. 

I would constantly start laughing from this book. The way that he expressed himself was humorous while still conveying his point/story. I also really loved how he included art work from his fans, because it shows how connected he is with them. 

If you'd like to pick up a copy I Hate Myselfie, you can check your local Walmart, Chapters, or order it on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment