Sunday, 30 August 2015

Everything That Makes You by Moriah McStay

Review also found on Goodreads. 

I read Everything That Makes You by Moriah McStay between August 22 and August 24, and I felt a little changed after reading it. 

Reading Everything That Makes You was a very strange experience. I love the idea of alternate worlds or universes, so I was very excited to read Everything That Makes You, and this has really set the bar for future alternative world novels. 

I was conflicted between which was my favourite of the two worlds. At times Fi was living the ideal life of hte two, and then sometimes Fiona had the dream life. In the end, I think I enjoyed Fiona's story a little bit more. Although I cried while reading Fi's story (oh my god it was so sad), I still felt that Fiona's story tugged more at my heart strings. 

I loved how there were little bits from the two worlds that stayed the same, or at least sort of the same. It was so cool when you could see the difference and similarities between the two worlds. 

Overall, I really loved the idea of this story, and how it makes you think that if you hadn't done this one thing, how different your life would be right now.


If you'd like to pick up a copy of Everything That Makes You, you can check out Chapters or Amazon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment